We feel as you do: that no animal deserves to live a life of pain and suffering, deprived of love and companionship of family, only to meet a terrifying and unnecessary death.
Thanks to caring supporters like you, FARM is bringing about a more hopeful future for farmed animals. With your generosity and partnership, we will continue to made great strides in building a more compassionate world as we raise awareness, cultivate compassion, and save lives.
Here are ways you can partner with us:
Make a secure online donation
Every dollar matters! Whether you can spare $20 to reach dozens of people with our life-saving message or $1,000 to sponsor outreach for an entire community, a contribution of any size makes our groundbreaking work possible.
Make your tax-deductible donation today over the phone at 301-530-1737, or via check mailed to our headquarters
Farm Animal Rights Movement
10101 Ashburton Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
Become a FARM Animal Hero through monthly giving
Pledge a monthly amount to provide a steady stream of income with no transaction fees.
Make your monthly pledge here: https://www.givedirectcharity.org/donate/?cid=483
Donate through workplace giving
You can donate through your payroll deduction plan by naming FARM's full IRS name (Farm Animal Reform Movement) on forms. Be sure to specify "Reform" in official paperwork. You can also donate through your state payroll campaign by looking FARM up in your guide (CFC #11338).
Donate appreciated assets
Donating assets (such as real estate and securities) that have appreciated in value provides you the double tax advantage of avoiding capital gains taxes while affording a full deduction of the assets' current value from your taxable income.
For example, if your house or securities, purchased for $100,000, are now worth $150,000, you have two choices for liquidating:
- Sell the assets and pay capital gains tax on $50,000
- Donate it directly to FARM, avoid all capital gains tax, and claim a $150,000 deduction from your taxable income
For additional details, please e-mail us or by call 888-FARM-USA (327-6872).
Plan your giving through a will or charitable trust
Ensuring that your cause keeps going when you no longer can provides the rewarding feeling that you will continue to make a difference. Here are some ways to do that:
- Name FARM in your will - Your bequest to FARM can be in the form of cash, securities, or other assets. The bequest reduces your estate tax liability. The will has to go through the probate process, which can consume a year or more and significant attorney and executor fees.
- Name FARM in your life insurance or retirement plan – Similar to naming FARM in your will, this option allows small contributions over a period of time, provides a tax deduction, and avoids probate. ·
- Name FARM in your charitable remainder trust - Naming FARM as the residual beneficiary of your charitable remainder trust provides you an immediate tax deduction, exemption from capital gains tax, and an income for you and your current beneficiary. FARM receives the residual.
Please note that FARM staff cannot provide legal or financial advice. Please consult an attorney and/or financial adviser to help make your decisions.
To discuss these options or for more information, please e-mail us or call us at 301-530-1737.
Donate your services
Many supporters donate services or products in addition to or instead of money. Here are some examples:
- Graphic design
- Billboard or print ad space
- Event coordination through our Compassionate Activist Network
- Airline tickets or frequent flier miles
- Computers, printers, and other valuable office equipment
- LCD projectors
- Office equipment
Donate your used vehicle
If you’ve got a used car, boat, motor home, or motorcycle, donate it to FARM to avoid the hassles of selling and get a tax deduction. With free pick-up, it’s hassle-free. Click here or call 877-FARM-566 (327-6577)
Support FARM while you shop
Use the following links while you shop and a portion of your purchase will be donated to FARM: