Have We Been Lied To?
Did you know that according to the USDA, every single year nearly 10 billion land animals are raised and murdered for food in the United States alone?
This short 4-minute video, shown to thousands of young people across college campuses and during the Van’s Warped Tour, shines a vital light on the cruelty of the meat, egg, and dairy industries. Each one of us decides the fate of 10 Billion animals every time we eat, and each one of us has the power to change their fate.
- Each year since the turn of this century, we have produced the Animal Rights National Conference, to bring together animal rights activists, and inspire newcomers to our movement
- Our monthly EdLetters Program, promoting veganism and animal rights, appear in hundreds of newspapers
- We have launched a pilot project for finding videos promoting the vegan lifestyle that are appropriate for specific occasions
- Each year, on April 22nd, we call on grassroots activists to distribute Vegan Earth Day handouts at local Earth Day events
- On October 2nd (Gandhi’s birthday), we call on grassroots activists to organize local observances of World Day for Farmed Animals
- We developed a website discouraging the use of animal dairy products (ditchdairy.com)
- And another, noting the oppressive analogy between the Holocaust and animal slaughter (never-again.org)
- In 1985, we launched The Great American Meatout, a national campaign to reduce the use of animals for food
- Between 2011 and 2018, we had two vans visiting college campuses to screen our 10 Billion Lives video and solicit vegan pledges (watch the video above)