Have We Been Lied To?
Did you know that according to the USDA, every single year nearly 10 billion land animals are raised and slaughtered for food in the United States alone?
This short 4-minute video, shown to thousands of young people across college campuses and during the Van’s Warped Tour, shines a vital light on the cruelty of the meat, egg, and dairy industries. Each one of us decides the fate of 10 Billion animals every time we eat, and each one of us has the power to change their fate.
How FARM Stands up for Animals
- Each year since the turn of this century, FARM has produced the Animal Rights National Conference, to bring together animal rights activists, and inspire newcomers to our movement
- FARM’s EdLetters Program promotes veganism and animal rights and appears in hundreds of newspapers in the U.S. and Canada reaching millions of readers
- Vegan Videos search tool showcases videos promoting the vegan lifestyle and animal rights
- Each year, on April 22nd, FARM calls on grassroots activists to distribute Vegan Earth Day handouts at local Earth Day events
- On October 2nd (Gandhi’s birthday) since 1983, FARM hosts World Day for Farmed Animals (WDFA)
- FARM developed a website discouraging the use of animal dairy products at ditchdairy.com
- The oppressive analogy between the Holocaust and animal slaughter is outlined on never-again.org
- In 1985, FARM launched The Great American MeatOut, a national campaign to reduce the use of animals for food
- Between 2011 and 2018, FARM operated two vans visiting college campuses and music concerts to screen our 10 Billion Lives video and solicit vegan pledges (watch the video above)
- FARM’s CHARM (Celebrating Heroes in the Animal Rights Movement) articles feature unsung heroes in the movement
- In 2021 FARM launched FARM Puerto Rico, providing Spanish-language resources to the island territory
- Fueled by FARM, the Animal Activism Mentorship (AAM) program takes activism to the streets and trains next-gen activists